Thursday 15 October 2009

When is a ring not round?

I've got half a mind to put his teeth down his throat.

Bastard.

You don't do that to other guys - except for jobbers, and the real old guys who do it to you first.

Fucking eye. It's gonna be black, I can feel it.

Bet this is gonna screw up my push too. I'm on the brink of one they said.

Bullshit.

Any excuse to not put me over - they were waiting for something like this to happen.

Hell, they could have MADE him potato me.

I'm gonna be stuck in some stupid revenge plot for the next 6 months. They'll stop it after the year's season ends, they always do. Right after "King of the Olympus Crown".

Fucking stupid name. I liked it as "Wrestlefest X-whatever". But it's all about keeping up with the japanese now - ever since ABN started showing AJWA shows late at night. Even the graveyard shift gets better ratings than us.

They deserve it though. Good shit, it's the culture. It was here until the new millenium. Back around the 80's were were number one - merch was the best thing you could have in your contract next to a title. Those were the days...

"Bruiser" Boldfree, the crushin' Russian.

"Prince" Kareem.

"Ol' Top" Frank Masters.

Those were the big guys - or the ones I liked at least. Everyone would talk about Dooley Vs. Gigante being the best match ever - it was 5 minutes long, Gigante could barely hold himself together. Both guys were either drunk or high, it was sloppy as hell.

But the people still say it was the best - the magic of Pro-wrestling.

But now? It's all gimmicked shit and realistic characters. Too many long haired guys now. No odd names, none that you remember.

One thing though, the triple-tag titles were a nice idea. 3 guys who can barely hold a paper cup, let alone an interview or promo - put them all on screen together and it works. Like building a bridge.

Good way for the young guys to get their feet wet...

Gah! ...My eye. Is it bleeding? ...Yeah, little bit.

And now what?

A steak. Raw.

For the eye of course. I'm no Reggie O'Toole. There was a monster heel. The nightmarish irishman - green and black attack. Best thing to come out of the 90's.

Unlike me. I'm no monster. So then... I'm repackaged as a badass. That worked, lucky me. Now I have to yell at little kids everywhere I go.

Lucky I'm on contract. Bet they would have stiffed me out of the cash as well if they could.

Do I still have that card?

...Maybe.

I should give Davis a call. Let him know I'm ready to jump like the rat I am.

Only if I'm stuck without the push though.

Anyone know an all-night Deli?

No comments:

Post a Comment