Wednesday 28 October 2009

Journeyman.

In an instant.
I am there.
Everywhere.
Nowhere.
At least it's somewhere.

The Rhine.
I see her crying in the water.
I want to join her.
But I must keep walking.

Cairo.
I gaze into the eyes of a God.
Scarlet and dark.
Judged.
I walk away again.

London.
The old man wails in the city.
He has lost his children.
Lost them to the bombs.
On the hour.
I walk on.

Dublin.
Lost in the sea.
The sea of madness.
Eating my hands.
To avoid strangulation.
Walk!

Boston.
Tea floats.
Coffee sinks.
I go between the two.
To quickly escape.

Texas.
The chair is warm.
Comforting.
Energising.
I condone it.
Next man in.

The Wall.
Long and smokey.
The dragon of the earth.
Beheaded.
The country is blind.
I walk once more.

Darkness.
Cold.
Siberia.
I slow to a crawl.
Crawling.

Paris.
Bad memories.
Painted on the walls.
In the streets.
In red.
I head south.

Perth.
Forgotten often by me.
I sit a while and think of where to go next.
A piece of peace.
I decide.

Home.
It's where the heart is.
But mine is not.
Everywhere.
Nowhere.
I find it all over again each time.
And then I remember.

I left it with you.
Six feet under.
And the one place I dare not go.

No comments:

Post a Comment