Wednesday 2 September 2009

Jukebox Memories.

All life begins with "Ode to Joy". No matter who the person becomes or is raised by.

All Life ends with a requiem. Dependant upon the soul.

Everyone has 10 songs they remember for the rest of their life:

Baa Baa Black Sheep - My mother sang this to me.

Rebel Yell - The first song I truly remember hearing on the radio.

Wannabe - The song everyone hates to remember singing to.

Scarborough Fair - That one song you always remember your first love to. Painful memories.

Like a Prayer - From the darker times.

Girls just wanna have fun - The cherry popper.

Dragula - The recently surfaced rebel added this to the list.

Perfect day - Played at the funeral of my parents. Quite the reverse for me.

Goodbye Horses - The slippery slope.

The Frog Chorus - That one song you play to forget what you've just done and escape to another world.

Some forget these songs.

Not me.

Music is my life. My Reason to exist.

It just isn't for everyone else.

There are arguements. Names are called, punches thrown. I never win in the physical world.

But as the spirit of music - I teach them my lessons.

They fight at first.

Broken bars and dropped notes meet their screams.

They have to sing in tune!

For my Magnum Opus!

The cries of death are the sweetest song...

...

I digress.

I don't see why they don't get it. Even the simplest things. I love music. I get that others don't share my love, we're human, we'd all be clones if we were the same.

But they openly challenge me.

It's my opinion!

I respect that yours are different to mine.

Don't rub it in.

Then why do I do it?

Why do I try to teach them?

Because of her...

Melody.

My true love.

She's always there when I need her.

She cheers me up when I'm sad.

She loves me unconditionally.

She wants to hear them sing with me...

Win or lose... Sink or swim... One thing is certain we'll never give in... Arm in arm... Hand in hand... We all stand together...

No comments:

Post a Comment