Friday 4 September 2009

Jailbreak.

"Listen up. Shape put me in charge, so you're both gonna have to do as I say TO THE LETTER. Understood?"

"Crystal."

"What about you Tektile?"

"FINE."

"Good."

Went better than I anticipated. For now. Why even think it's going to go well - Fate'll fuck up up the ass.

"Ridgeback, I need you to dig-"

"You're kidding. A tunnel?! That won't work - it's way too far and we won't be able to breach the foundations."

"...Let me finish."

Why didn't Shape just give us a plan. Oh I know... He wants me to fuck up.

"Dig UNDER the fence."

"Oh..."

"Yeah. Then we're gonna take it easy. Get across the courtyard and in through the door straight ahead."

Big mistake using an old minimum pen as a deep six facility.

"THEN WHAT? WE DONT EXACTLY FIT IN."

"Thats when we start breaking things. We just need to make it to the east wing. That's where Zero is."

"And Gangland?"

"...Zero will be able to get us down to the next floor. He's in 273."

"Right."

"WHAT SECURITY MEASURES ARE THERE?"

"Hang on, Shape and Downtime gave me some... There. The schematics say its basic on this level - just patrol points and the odd foam turret."

"The lower floors?"

"As I said, That'll be a breeze with-"

Searchlights?! We've been here too long!

*INTRUDER ALERT - LOCKDOWN HAS BEEN INITIATED."

"Shit! Break the fence!"

"What about the plan?!"

"New plan - Break it down!"

"HAHAHA! TAKE THIS!"

Should have expected this. Outer ring security said searchlights. Why I didn't go over the plan on the ride over is beyond me. No time to think now... Gotta go!

* * * * *
EAST WING
* * * * *
"Hah... Hah... Tek..."
"YES?!"
"W...Where's Ridge?"

"LAST I SAW HE WAS GOING WILD OUT IN THE YARD."

"Shit."

"ZERO?"

"Yeah, gotta stick to the plan."

Yeah... That worked SO well last time.

"WHERE IS HE?"

"Room 588"

"HANG ON."

"Woah!"

"FIFTH FLOOR. EIGHTY-EIGHTH ROOM."

"...Thanks."

"I'LL KEEP WATCH."

Been a long time since I picked a lock... Just... Like riding... AH! Done it.

*BANG!*

"GET ZERO, THESE ARE MINE!"

Said like a true nutball...

"Zero?"

"What time is it?"

"Uh..."

"I haven't got a watch. What time is it?"

"About 10 after 2"

"AM?"

"...Yeah."

"You tend to lose track of time after spending your life in a 5.2 by 5.1 box..."

...I'm surrounded by insanity. Be it psycho or just plain gone in the head. But anyone would go after spending... God knows how long in this place. It's a living hell.

"Come on, we're getting you out of he..."

"Who's we?"

Me an..."

Shit. The Warden.

Warden was Deadlock, a vigilante with a chain fetish. Urban legend. Guy was an animal when he got you. Even Shape was caught once. He got caught for murder a while back - the rumours were true, he's the Warden now. If you can't kill a man, you make him into your weapon.

"This yours?"

*THONK*

Tektile's... Oh god.

"I suppose you want to get out of here."

"Here's hoping."

"How do you think that's gonna happen?"

"Frankly, after tonight - I'm just gonna go with the GROW!"

Go with the grow? Urrgh... I need to stop saying stupid shit. I need to stop talking period. Gets me into WAY too much trouble.

Just got enough of a growth spurt to toss the Warden around like a ragdoll. But that's not gonna stop him.

...But maybe this will!

*...THUD!*

Watch that first step. It's a doozy.

"Come on, we've got another guest to check out..."

STOP TALKING.

"Hold on, kid."

"What are you?"

"Just shaking off the cobwebs."

*CLICK... THUNGTHUNGTHUNGTHUNG...*

He unlocked the doors to the rest of the cells. Just by looking at them... Remind me never to piss him off.

"Just enough of a distraction. Where are we headed now?"

"Basement 1. 273."

"Gangland, eh? Strength in numbers I bet..."

"Let's get moving."

* * * * *
BASEMENT 1
* * * * *
"Here."
*CLICK... THUNG.*
"Thanks."
He's hooked up to a still drip. Only way to keep a guy like him down.
"We need to get him up and out."
"We don't have much time. I have an idea."
"Zero!"
"We need reinforcements. Replacements. I know a couple of guys. just flick the switch and head for the door. I'll meet you in the yard."
"Wait!"
Gone. Damn it. If I head back without these two, it'll be my head...
...And? So what? Shape wants you dead anyway. You could just leave now, head for an island somewhere and forget about this fiasco.
But what about Carol. She'd be left behind. Thrown to the wolves. I... I can't do that to her.
*TIK*
He'll be awake soon enough. I'd be safer carrying him out of here.
"Up we go..."
* * * * *
THE YARD
* * * * *
Gotta go. He's back up. Knew it wouldn't keep him down.
*CHI-LUN*
The chain! it's red hot!
"YAAH!"
"He's down, Warden"
"Get a chem-crew out here. Double dose for the giant here."
*THOOM!*
Wha... Zero?
"Yaagh!"
"Simms! ...Zero."
"I'm not alone, Warden. You remember Wild Fang and Forceshock, don't you?"
"Damn... Shit."
"We're going now. We need the fresh air. Force, grab the kids."
Urrgh... God, I've never felt this bad... Woah, this guy... Telekinetic. Shake it off. Need to get
them to the harbour.
"Fang. Sick 'em."
*YAIGH!*
"Aaigh! Oh god!"
"Hey kid. Where are we going."
"Harbour..."
"Right. Force - Harbour."
"Got it, Z..."
"Grab Fang."
*ARF?!*
Ah... ahahaha... These guys... It's the Damacles Pact. I'm in safe...
* * * * *
THE SILK DAGGER
* * * * *
Urgh. Where am...
Oh... The boat. We made it.
"Looks like you're awake."
"Zero?"
"I'm sorry about your friends."
"I'm not..."
"Heh."
"So this Shape guy... He's the boss?"
"Yeah... You met-"
"Yeah. He was pissed. But when he saw Force and Fang, he mellowed out. Told you I'd get some
good replacements."
"The Damacles pact."
"The inevitable sword of injustice. The band's back together."
"You gonna stick around?"
"Got no choice really. Doctor Judgement is long dead."
Doctor Judgement... Their nemesis. Died in the Farstrong Invasion. Saved the world...
"We thought we'd stick around and give you guys a hand. We know the plan."
"Alright..."
"Get some sleep."
...
"He up for visitors?"
"No... Just slipped off again."
"Why do you care, Zero?"
"I guess I see a little of myself in him. He staggered Deadlock, that's a feat in itself."
"Ours isn't a caring buisness. We help each other, but we're all tools in a greater scheme."
"...And where do you fit into that scheme, Shape?"
"I'm merely a small cog in a greater engine. An engine of chaos. Let me know when he's up
again."
"Right..."
...
"An engine of chaos. But who desires to be in control?"

1 comment:

  1. Stupid blogger... crushing my dialogue... hope it isn't unreadable.

    ReplyDelete