Monday 11 January 2010

Henburg Six. Two of Six.

JACK MORRY.

Morry was very open about his origins:

"They dipped me in this... stuff. Pink stuff. It was hot... Then I didn't feel it. Don't feel much of anything now."

He was not, however, open about who it was that "Dipped" him into a highly unstable mutagen, FR-9E, recently "Liberated" from a Jacksonville lab facility operated by the government.

I ask myself, who'd go to this much trouble for an hour of chaos?

I ask Jack Morry, The Takoma Titan, the same question:

"I, uh... Never actually saw the guy... We just used to meet in a warehouse and talk through a video screen."

A lie, but We went on.

"You must have gotten a name, Jack..."

"I just used to call him 'sir'. Only right, he was the one calling the shots."

"Okay... So where did they say they got the mutagen?"

"The pink stuff? Some lab down south."

I, as a psychiatrist, took some initiative, not reading from the preprinted test cards they give us.

"Why would you volunteer for something highly dangerous and potentially fatal?"

"You ever been to Takoma?"

"No."

"Nothing to do. No desire to leave. I was gonna become a mechanic like my dad."

"Then why did you throw it all away?"

"I... Power. He said I could become one of the big shots. All I had to do was the job, and a few smaller ones."

"Smaller ones?"

"Just smash and grab."

Jack used to be around 6'1'' tall - he's now 8'6'', and has doubled in weight. A massive pink exoskeleton would do that to a person. Made him indestructible and supremely strong.

He tried to reach for a glass of water, but it smashed in his hands like a paper cup. He laughed.

"Still not used to this body yet..."

He had lost any sense of restrictive musculature control, and any nerves he had were gone completely.

I didn't get much more out him. His story was the same as Skymaster's. 

Although I got one small piece out of him towards the end.

"Tunney... He was close to the big man. Said he'd met the man, and they hit it off. Not, like, in a gay way, but they were close."

He was talking about Thomas Tunney, last on my list. Perhaps with him, I'll get the right answers.

No comments:

Post a Comment