Sunday 3 January 2010

A free lunch.

Mr. Carmichael, a pleasure to see you again.

Marcus, please.

Marcus. Please, take a seat.

Thank you, Mr. Karelli.

Do you know why I called you here today?

...I can guess.

I'm a patient man, Marcus. Patience of stone. But you're beginning to test that temperance.

I know, Sir. I'll have the money for you by Thursday, this week. Promise.

I know. You've always been honest with me, and for that, I respect you. As I'm honest, kind and flexible with all of my clients. 

Yes sir.

I did call you here today because of your outstanding debt... I'm giving you the chance to pay it off, no money back. All you have to do is work a few small jobs for me.

...Jobs?

Yes. Just think of it as penance for your tardiness, not a huge cross to bear... I just need to make a show for the man I work for. 

And who is that?

Aha... That's a trade secret, Marcus. Enjoying the buffet?

Yes... It's all very good.

I'm glad. My chef prides himself on his work... As do my doctors.

Doctors?

Mhm. A double time deal is what they work. First, they've kept me and my associates up and running for some time now... Patience of stone, remember.

...Y-your face...

As well as a body. I'm an old man by the standards of time... But I'm immortal in terms of my "Chiselled" physique...

Is that the job? Would I end up like you?

No... I'm special... You'd be in this-

*CLICK*

-The Frode Tech-Armor. Made to withstand the pressures of the deepest oceans and the highest of spacial points. It's invulnerable, unmarkable, and unstoppable.

Wouldn't I need-

Training? Certainly. That's why the doctors slipped nanites into your food to enhance your body for the "Learning process". You're changing even as we speak.

Urrgh... Why me?

You're meat. The machine needs an organic core - one that can think for itself, a flaw in most robotics, but not cybernetics... A concious war machine, able to think ahead of it's foes!

Haah... *THORK!*

Ah... Unneeded parts... Get him ready for the jolt.

...Jol...

Mhm. You need that killer urge, the primal spark, to make you bloodthirsty and loyal... I'm giving you the power to do so... I give people what they need, and deserve - just as long as it works in my favour...

Ha...

Goodbye, Marcus. Hello, Titax.

*UUUURUMMMMMAK!*

No comments:

Post a Comment