Tuesday 24 November 2009

A Very Weird Dream.

It's unusual for me to remember dreams like these. Here we go:

In a school assembly hall, people on all sides - adults, all of them - on bleachers and raised seating. I'm at the front.

My friend Avery (www.averyedison.com) is scheduled to perform some comedy. A huge cage is shadowed on the stage. A monologue about the history and future of man begins. about 10 minutes into it, someone stands up and says something to the tune of "We haven't got a lot of time, lets skip to the end.". Avery isn't even in the giant hamster cage and just stands at the side apathetically with a prison number written on a piece of chewed up cardboard.

A lack-luster applause. I'm horrified.

Lenny Henry comes out after Avery has left, looking pissed. He says:

"A harsh wind blow and blister ye all o'er! ...I'm done with comedy, never again."

The rest of his speech is drowned out by my father in the middle of the audience snoring. Lenny sees him and lingers over him, smiling like a devil.

I leave, and catch Avery coming out of the back, we sit and talk. The conversation fades and I wake up.

...

Really fucking weird, eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment