Saturday 14 November 2009

All in an Attempt to Eat a Hamburger.

*DING...*

Need to get that doorbell fixed.

Good evening. Daddy's burger shack?

Great! I'm fucking hungry, it feel like an age since I called.

Only 27 minutes, sir - if it were 30, you'd eat for free.

I'm not tight enough to stiff you on that. How much?

$12.65.

For a burger and fries?!

That, small coke and delivery.

I thought delivery was free. It's in the flyers for god's sake!

Yeah, part of Daddy's great scheme... Most people are so hungry they don't even question it. They don't even compare it to the in-store prices.

That's ...morally corrupt.

It's business. $12.65.

...Fine. But I hope you don't enjoy this.

You think I want to deliver other peoples food and clean up after them? It's easy, that's my motivation, not the management training program. I push a mop around for 5 hours, or deliver for the same amount of time, I can just breeze through it.

Don't you want to make something out of your life?

Sure, I just need money. See my problem?

Yeah. But there are other ways.

Not for me. I'll deal with it when it gets too bad.

Good luck, kid.

...

Fuck. Cold. Never talk to the help.

No comments:

Post a Comment