Sunday 27 December 2009

Dragon's Sweat.

The sky spins around me.

I can't stand up. I'm flying.

The room around me spins.

The past is cold, the present is painful, and the future burns on my back.

I drank from the water in the cave... It was sour. Then sweet. Then nothing at all.

The walls shudder with warmth and cold together, meeting of the mediums.

I feel death on my chest. I cry out and grab for her.

She's with me. Feeling everything and the opposite of what I feel. And I her.

Plus and Minus making Zero. The light and shadow comes.

We fall back to earth, tied to each other.

We talk but nothing is said.

All we can do is think. Remember. Relive the trip.

I cry without feeling sad.

She crawls into me and begins to sleep.

I crawl into her, and we become the dragon.

We slumber and fly again once more before the sun ends the dark, thick night.

The fog of war pours across us. A battle won and lost.

Our wax becoming hard.

We try to fly again. We fail to capture the night before between us.

We slumber again.

We sleep like the dead.

And the cycle begins once more.

No comments:

Post a Comment