Sunday 21 February 2010

With a chin support and a cocked eyebrow, I talk about myself.

I had a huge diatribe here about how awful and awesome I am.

Blogger is a cunt.

I talked about how much of a loser I am - Which is partially true, but for other reasons than what I was saying. I was selling myself as a self-actualising and self-fulfilling failure of a man, who had no business even dreaming for a good life.

WRONG. I came to see that after a phone-call to a friend.

I'm a good man.

A damn fine man.

I have some much going for me:

- Constant and undying support for whatever I do from my family.

- A form of creative genius that cannot be put onto paper.

- And the most wonderful girl in the world. I say it all the time, but it's never stopped being true, I love you, Babe.

I was writing for the sake of activity - and Introspection is easy with the wrong motivations.

I'm a helper. A defender. A guardian.

I'm a reliable man. Though I say that more often than I appear to be so.

I remember starting this post with "I do stupid things..." and attributing it to Gluttony for approval and praise.

Bollocks! You were writing for the sake of venting and application.

You're a glutton, and a sloth. Sure. But you're charitable, temperate, caring and kind.

I said, a while ago, to that special someone, that I'd start believing the hype that people said about me.

I am now. I've been slow in doing so, but now? I'm running, and no amount of stitching, cramping or vomiting will stop me. Colour me green and orange.

Fuck... I hate Blogger for being so damn picky. I really wanted to show how much of an idiot I can be!

A blessing is disguise? Maybe...

I remember the ending though:

I'm going to live to this creed:

Aspire, Actualise, Ascend, Acclaim.

That's what they'll all see in my footsteps - Words in chalk on my road of life! My human way!

People will look to me - the dynamo, the alchemic kettle of emotion and surrealistic integrity - And ask me who I am, and I will say this:

I'm a damn fine man.

And if you don't like it...

Fuck Off.


(There... Vented and turned about. My usual cocktail on a night where I just bob in the water.)

No comments:

Post a Comment