Sunday 14 February 2010

A Sleeping Kiss.

This is for you,
the sleeper, as I stand and work around you,
Looking back at your still-life form,
Through watercolours and oils.

We met, so soon and yet, at time, so long ago.
Through the Lady, most eternal,
Born when humans asked "What if..." and "I could...".
She saw us.
And she smiled.

For hours on end, we talked and still do,
A disjointed prose and poetry,
That we alone understand.

We have our jokes,
We have sadness and anger,
We have worry. Some more than the other.

But through it all, I think,
I know.
That you are just as good or bad as I,
And yet existing as so much more.

We've had the times where we made each other smile,
The sad times too, as well as those times where we've been angry.
And yet, with those, and times where we both can't find the strength to deal,
We do, with a guided hand.

I once thought that love was for someone else, and I donated mine too often,
To see another soul fly.
I thought my life was one of satisfaction in a fraction I could assist.
Yet now?
All I think about is you and I.

I stand on the edge of the future, trying to look into the light,
To see where I might be going.
I never see the full picture.
But a hand comes and grazes my brow, and another comes, and places itself in mine.
You help me. Guide me.

I don't deserve the help, sometimes.
I act like a child, waddling in the darkness.
But everytime I say so,
You silence me, and hold me closer.

I'm a bigger man now,
With your help, your presense.
A helping hand, a caring touch.
A kiss, stolen in jest,
means more to me than food.

I'm not a subtle person.
I can be such at times.
I admit.
But the majesty of life isn't lost on me,
so though my words are often sprawling and thuddish,
they come with honesty and definition.

You see this,
And you laugh. In joy.
In time, in time.
I love you, I love you.

For all the things that I could do,
To make you mad and worry,
I'm sorry.
Genetic furniture in need of feng sui.

For all the things I do,
That make you happy,
I'm glad. So glad.
Just to make you smile.

And for all the things you do that make me happy,
Thank you. Thank you.
Thank God for you.
I never want to let you go.
All mine.
I never want to lose you.
For never and ever.

Thank you.

Happy Valentine's day, Otter.
I hope you let me know how much you like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment