Saturday 13 March 2010

Straw.

Bernie?

...

Are you asleep?

...Yes.

Oh. Sorry...

No, Jack... Just... What do you want?

I was just thinking...

Harmful process, Jack.

...Why are we here?

Huh... Good question.

Don't you know?

Not really... I know just as much as you do, that being what were are and what we do.

Scarecrows... To...

Scare crows.

To scare crows. But, I mean, how do we know that?

I...

And why don't we stop?

That's simple. Move your arms.

I can't.

Exactly. Neither can I. We are our occupation. Forever.

Well, why don't we just stop scaring crows?

But... That's what we're built to do! We can't stop!

Who says?!

Well...

Exactly. I'm going to be a Cookfly.

Cookfly?

Yep. I'm going to sit outside of the farm kitchen and stop the flies from getting onto the farmer's wife's pies and things...

That's insane. If you can't move, how can you do that?

I'll find a way. I could hop over there in the rain.

Whouldn't that be a bit brash? Surely you'd need to work up to that position... That and you can't wave your arms to get rid of the flies.

Oh... That's true...

Though you have a point. We can't be this all of our lives... I personally don't know anything else.

Well, what do you know?

Theological philosophy and how to scare crows.

Hm... You could be a Scareatheist?

*Rim shot*

No comments:

Post a Comment